Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Heroine - Sarah Silverman (sort of)

So Sarah... hmmm, what should I say about her?

My opinion. I think she knows herself and I believe it shows on stage.

The story behind her career: She wrote for SNL at 23-24 yrs old. She dated Dave Attell at the time.

Her popularity blew up with the whole Late Night with Conan O'Brien-Guy Aoki-(MANAA) debacle. (See wiki link down below)

Obviously, she hosts her own TV show, The Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central.

...what she does is for shock value...

I respect what she does. And her humor/comedy does open the door for brazen comedienne's like myself. But I feel what she does is for shock value, borne out of an incident gone horribly right (or wrong, depending on how you want to see it.) I feel she is a lot like Howard Stern when Stern first hit D.C. radio--shock jock galore!

I, on the other hand, have an agenda. I want to make people THINK. I want to make people squirm in their seats while at the same time reevaluating their actions. I want people to leave the venue after seeing me and talk about it for days, weeks, months.

But Sarah has paved the way. It unusual to see a pretty chick on stage be funny or make fun of herself. There's been a rumor that has traveled throughout comedy that you can't be pretty and funny at the same time. That's why I here to prove "them" wrong (whomever "they" are).

More on this later...

~ Lucy


[Sarah Silverman Program | Wikipedia |My Space | Jesus Is Magic]

Did you enjoy this post? Buy me a warm cup of joe.

No comments: